As you begin to plan your new landscape, it can be overwhelming to think of all the aspects of an exceptional outdoor living space. There are different functional places to design like an outdoor kitchen, seating areas, and, of course, a fabulous pool and spa combination. And you know that there will be necessary, but less fun aspects like the irrigation, lighting, and rock color to select. And finally, you get to the plants that you want to include in your new space. This step will add some color and texture to create an ambiance, theme, or style for the space. But how do you know what to pick and where to place it? And why should you even go to the trouble and expense of including large trees in the design? Fortunately, these answers are simple when you are working with a UNIQUE design team pro.
Why Trees Are A Big Deal
When most homeowners think of landscape plants, they include them all in one giant category. But your UNIQUE landscape designer will think of them in smaller groups including, shrubs, ground cover, flowers or perennials, and trees. And each of these groups fulfills a role in creating your perfect outdoor living space. The groundcover and smaller plants will be the splashed of color that you really notice when you are in your pool, and ground-level becomes eye level. The bushes and shrubs will be the items that break up the monotony of your privacy wall or create that private space if you don’t have a wall around your yard. And the trees, well, they have many responsibilities, from adding a huge visual impact to saving you money on your utility bills. In fact, trees provide many benefits to you, your property, and the community.
• Shade and Cooling- Trees provide your yard and house with much-needed shade. In the summer months, this means a cooler place to relax outdoors, and less solar heating of your home. So you are going to benefit from less radiant heat in your house. And that means less AC time and lower electric bills.
• Air Filtration- You know that there is a massive amount of dust and impurities in the air. That is why Phoenix has some of the most amazing sunsets in the world. But trees help to purify the air that we breathe, and they also absorb carbon dioxide. So the more trees we have in the Phoenix area, the better our air quality. And we will also be pumping fewer greenhouse gases out into the atmosphere thanks to the new trees.
• Increase Pure Oxygen- Trees actually are doing double duty when it comes to improving what we are breathing. Not only do they filter out the pollutants and impurities in the air, but they release pure oxygen in its place. One large tree can provide enough oxygen in a single day to sustain four adults.
• Water Purification- Trees work like Mother Nature’s sponges. They collect and filter rainfall, then slowly release it back into streams and rivers. By filtering the rainwater before it enters natural waterways, trees reduce the pollutants that are toxic to fish and other wildlife and harmful to plants and the surrounding soil.
• Add Value- According to the Council of Tree and Landscape Appraisers, a mature tree can increase the value of an appraisal by $1,000 to $10,000. Lush landscaping that includes many trees can increase a property’s value by as much as 20%. So the return on your investment can be substantial when you invest in a few nice sized trees when you landscape your home.
To learn more about the value that trees will add to your landscape and your home, call 480-969-1911 or click here to schedule a free initial consultation with a UNIQUE landscape designer. We offer complete pool and spa, landscape, and outdoor structure installation in the Phoenix area. So call the company that can do it all.